The role of social media in business success and growth is considerable. Regardless of the type of business you have, online or traditional, you must have an active presence on various social media platforms.
However, the time and effort involved in running an active social media campaign prevent most business owners from doing this themselves. In these situations, a dedicated social media assistant will work wonders.
Here are some of the roles a social media assistant will provide for your business.
- Develop a Social Media Strategy. Knowing where you are and where you want to get to in terms of social media is essential.
- Establish a Professional Social Media Presence. A fresh and professional-looking social media profile will encourage viewers to give your business a second look.
- Content Research. Viewers need something to look at, and having the right content for the right audience is critical.
- Develop a Content Schedule. Creating a content schedule means posts will have structure and not appear random.
- Create Content For Posts. Once they’ve created your content schedule, your social media assistant has a plan for writing unique and relevant content. Unique content is king in search engines’ eyes, so your social media assistant will ensure yours is.
- Source Images For Posts. High-quality, stunning, and relevant images are what will get people clicking on your posts. Your social media assistant should have a ‘good eye’ for image selection.
- Curate Posts From Elsewhere. As well as creating original content, your social media assistant can curate and share content from other reputable accounts. This tactic is an effective way of boosting your following from other accounts.
- Produce Copy For Posts. A social media assistant should come with decent copywriting skills. The well-written and compelling copy will increase your click-through rates.
- Proofread and Edit Posts. Everything you do on social media says something about your brand, and silly spelling or grammatical errors will send the wrong message. Your social media assistant can check and correct all content before it gets posted.
- Manage Existing Posts. Social media is not merely a fire-and-forget strategy. Your social media assistant will keep on top of your existing content too. It may need to be updated with new facts or information. They will need to monitor the conversations around your posts and reply to comments appropriately.
- Campaign Reporting. Your social media PA will be responsible for creating and monitoring social media campaigns, surveys, and promotions. These things are only valuable to you if you are getting information back from them. Your social media assistant can compile statistics from these events, analyze them, and report the findings.
Having an active social media presence is essential for any business. However, the time and effort required for this mean it is a full-time job. A dedicated social media assistant fulfills all of the roles above, guaranteeing you more chance of social media success.